Contributors

Thursday 23 September 2010

Summer research

Over the past months I have been working on a set of drawings of interior public spaces. I made the drawings in the spaces. I see each drawing as a piece of art. The amount of time I spend on each drawing varies, I set myself a goal for each one and the time it takes depends on what the goal is. I find drawing the space very informative for my paintings which I will make when I return to the studio using these drawings as reference. By drawing the space (as many times and from as many angles as I am able) I get to know it so that when I get into the studio to paint it the measurements or angle of line come almost naturally, using the drawings as a guide, which allows me to paint in a free style.

I have also begun researching for my final essay, some of the books I have been reading are; Guy Debord, Susan Sontag, Yi-Fu Tuan, Andreas Huyssen, Gaston Bachelard.

No comments:

Post a Comment